Having true friends can make school easier and more fun. If you have a friend, you have a person to talk to and enjoy good times with. You also have someone to help you through hard times at school. You can help each other with schoolwork, stick up for each other, and cheer each other up when one of you is down.
However, we have to do know who are real friends are. We have all had friends who have hurt us from time to time. We need to be able to recognize which friends are loyal and which ones are false friends. We can’t all immediately spot people who are false friends.
False friends are usually cheaters, bullies, people who spread rumours about us and those who treat others like dirt. But there are also more subtle signs that someone is not worth your friendship. If someone makes you feel bad about yourself, tells stories about others, lies to you or laughs at you, run the other way!
What are loyal friends?
Loyalty can be defined as faith and trust in someone because it is known that their intentions are always in the right place. Here are a few characteristics of real friends.
1. Real friends are always supportive. These friends are supportive, regardless of the situation, for no other reason than because they want to. No other motivation is needed for them to care about you.
2. Loyal friends don’t talk behind your back. If such a friend has a problem with something that you said or did, she will talk to you directly about it. Your loyal friend won’t start vicious rumours either. Honesty will rule always. You never have to worry.
3. Real friends listen to you and make time for you. Such a friend listens to you and makes time for you especially when you really need a shoulder to lean on. But even if you want to just talk, your loyal friend will always be there for you, trying to understand you.
4. Genuine friends don’t hurt you. A loyal friend will never hurt you deliberately. Instead, true friends seek to understand and help you. They try to make your life easier but not harder.
5. Authentic friends don’t want to see bad things happen to you. True friends are very unhappy when bad things happen to you. In fact, they try to feel what it would be like to be in your situation-which is what a real friend is all about. Then they try to do something to help.
Faux friends are very selfish. They only care about themselves and their own interests. However, true friends are the most giving and the truest people in your life. They will grace your life and inspire you to be your best. May you always have loyal friends!